Friday, February 01, 2008

MultiMon Taskbar


This little freeware program, also known as Oscar's Multi-Monitor Taskbar, seems to be the only alternative to the commercial UltraMon. Though it doesn't have as many features as UltraMon, it gets the job done. supporting two to three monitors. It adds a small arrow along with the standard controls in windows and programs that quick-switches the window to the other monitor. Programs appear on the taskbar for the screen they're running on, and there's even a little clipboard history utility on the extra taskbar as a bonus. I use it on my laptop, and when starting away from my docking station, I get a quick message on the screen that I currently do not have multiple monitors, and it quietly exits. You can find it here, along with detailed instructions. While you're there check out Oscar's other free tools.

No comments: